Popular Posts

11 December 2011

The girl who taught me

A met a girl bound to a chair.
She opened her mouth and told me that her name was Felicia.
When she said that, it was then that I loved her.
She had my mothers name. Her name made me ignore the metal frame that allowed her mobility. It let me consciously close me eyes to what she couldn't do and opened my ears to let me hear what she could.

I didn't feel sorry for her because she couldn't walk. Instead I admired her because she did what I couldn't, she could talk. And talk she did. While she spoke I couldn't help but watch her play with her numb legs as if they could feel. I wished that while I interviewed her she would stop me and say "Oh my word, I can feel my legs again". But she didn't, so during the interview I stopped listening to her tell me her life story and I made my plea to God to make her walk.

God told me to hush and listen to her. I refused and instead prayed harder. While she spoke with boldness and pride, she looked me in the eye and uttered something my small mind can't recall. When she looked at me it was then that I stopped praying. In her eyes, I saw God living and moving. I was speechless. I saw the father son and holy spirit rise up, come down and surround this woman.

In shock and fear I tried to stand up and walk away... I tried to run away from the figures that surrounded her but I couldn't! The larger than life force that filled the room encamped my soul, spirit body and mind and I was helpless. I couldn't feel my legs. From my waist down there was nothing... The girl still spoke unaware of the spiritual revelation taking place in the room.
My legs were rubber and my heart was heavy. Overwhelmed by the glory and light that filled the room I could not help but bow my head to the greatness the four figures poured out. The Lord spoke and said "This child is mine, I love her from the crown of her head to the soles of her feet. As she is,perfect, she will heal and minister to millions, you being one of them". I wept bitterly, I asked God to open my eyes and heal me from the things that paralyze my life and mind. I begged him to let me see his divine glory living in people different and similar to me.

That day he set me free and opened my mouth and mind through the-young-woman-in-the-wheelchair-sitting-across-the-room-unaware-of-her-surroundings-named-Felicia-Nonhlanhla-Adoword-Ntuli.

3 comments:

  1. wow, love this... not many people can make you feel like you walking a journey with them. i felt like i was there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh but it was awesome!
    Thank you for reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each one of the writings I read I get speechless, this is sooooo amazing, such wonderful work. God Bless You more everyday.

    ReplyDelete