Popular Posts

03 April 2012

My boss undressed me last week

My boss undressed me last week
Yes he made me stand up and take off what I was wearing and left me bare and just stood and watched. He made me unzip all the fake smiles, false joy and prosthetic happiness. He said I should be myself. My boss asked me to unbutton my façade and reveal who Pops is. He switched on the lights and said I should not cover up but be free around the work place. He said I should let go of my robes and let him teach me TV. I should let go of the things I think I know and let him mentor and guide me. He told me to forget about who I think I am and learn and know where his guidance will take me. He told me to remove all comfort and sit in the nude, bare and vulnerable. He walked towards me and told me to stop being afraid to fail. He told me to stand tall and remember that even though I may feel exposed and all alone, I am clothed, dressed and fully equipped with wisdom support and encouragement. He said even though he won’t show it, he would catch me if I fell and landed flat on my face. He said shame was normal and that if he embarrasses me in public I would one day thank him for it. I was confused at his speech but obeyed because I didn’t know better. I couldn’t see with the same eyesight he has. I didn’t go to the same optician as he did, he was able to look into people’s eyes and see tomorrow. My vision only saw now and yesterday. So he took advantage of my blindness by throwing me in deep waters and sitting back to see if I would survive. Secretly knowing that I could swim he let me jump in fearful of my outcome. Hydrophobic I got into the water with nothing more than God in my heart and scriptures in my head, I jumped….

To be continued…

1 comment: