Popular Posts

03 September 2010

Just one more day

Lord please bring back my mother again just for one more day.
Just one.
I promise I will not be mad at her and tell her all the negative things and feelings I felt
Towards her as a child, I am older now. I understand not everything that happened was
Of her doing. I promise father God I know better now, I miss her, I wish I knew her
Better. So perhaps one day will give me a positive, more pleasant memory of her.
I will hold onto it and give it to my children. I will tell them of stories about the day
I spent with her and all she told me. Please. If she came for the day this is what I would say to her…

Mama I am sorry that I was so mad at you for so long.I am sorry I rolled my eyes when you called to tell me that you loved me. I apologise for not remembering the times you sang for me, the times you bought me nice things. I am sorry that on days that I missed you I would try convince my 12 year old self that you hate me. I am sorry that I blamed
my hardships in life on the fact that you weren’t around to guide me. I am sorry that I…
Please come back just for a day so that I can see you smile again. So I can hear your laugh. Your singing.Just for a day.

I need you to tell me about boys, coz I keep getting it wrong.Please tell me again why I shouldn’t wash my bras in hot water. Remind me just one more time what it feels like to be hugged by a mother. If you want to shout at me,do so, if you want to hold me, please do.Just for a day, its all I ask.Please…

Lord I have not done this before, but I want to thank you for my parents. They have not always been there for me and have not always shown me affection when I needed it the most.but, today I want to say thank you for them. You chose them for me for a reason, I may not understand it.and have stopped trying to, But you alone are God and your plans for me are to prosper and not to hurt me. And for them Lord, I thank you. I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment