Popular Posts

04 September 2012

My idea of a man

I want a man who works. Hard. May his job be something he gladly wakes up to because he has me and the kids in mind. I don't want a simple adonis who won't make me feel safe in our own house. I want a man who's presence I can feel when he enters a room before I turn my head around to see him. A man who can make me laugh out loud and giggle while blushing all in the same sentence. A man who wants to please, understand and be willing to go the extra minute towards my needs as a woman in our intimate space while still knowing, admiring and respecting my position in the boardroom. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx A man who will carry me and take me to heights where my mind could never lift me. May his arms be strong enough to lift me when I feel down yet soft enough to embrace me when I need affection. When we disagree I don't want him to forget to respect and cherish me as the mother of his sons and daughters. May his voice only be raised in passion or laughter, his hands be raised towards me only to run his fingers through my hair and over my face. May his love for God centre our relationship. May he bow only to the breath of God and not the smell of expensive booze or cheap perfume. May my two brothers lift their heads and call him a man indeed and may my father take his hat off to him and call him his son. May my mother swell with pride from the heavens above looking down at him and referring to him as "perfect for her daughter". xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx May demons flee when he puts his size 10 feet down in the morning. May Hell tremble when his knees touch the ground as he prays. When the suns rays kiss his face may he praise God for another day seen. I want angels to clear the path for him as he walks down the street because they know he is an asset to God's kingdom. Can he love God above himself, love and provide for me like I deserve and love others because it is written. Sthandwa sami, I pray for you always. Your wife, Pops.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post Pops.

    I want a man who would call me ngesthakazelo "MaMvelase" to calm me down when we seem to disagree. I want a man who will not mock me in front of his friends about my bad cooking. I want a man who wont wait for me to tell him I am sick or had a bad day at work, but who will just allow me to rest my head on his chest and tell me everything is gonna be alright.I want to perform a Kenny & Chante Moore song (When I said I Do) with him in the kitchen when we making breakfast for our children. I want him to be a God fearing man and always remind me I am his first lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL LOL LOL!! Hai hai hai you take the cup full force.Hai no I thought I was lovesick lol lol! You rock!

    ReplyDelete