Popular Posts

06 June 2013

Turn my colours into a painting

Turn my colours into a painting my love. Make that painting beautiful like your heart. Make it bright like your smile and warm like your hug. In the painting, please paint our children and our home. Show joy and laughter through their eyes. Then I'll believe we are capable of raising a soldier in Thando. Then I'll see us make a Queen out of Zoe. Make the painting yellow like the sun I watched setting as a kid. Add green like the grass I grew up rolling in. Splash some red like the soil I'd cover myself in. Don't forget blue, it's the sky I'd see my dreams hidden in. Here, take my visions and make them real. My hopes, join me in making them tangible. I'll give you my love because its all I have to offer you nana. Handle my heart with care. Hold it with both hands because even though the stitches have dissolved, my scars are very much present. Some might never leave but this doesn't make it beat any softer than it should. Turn my colourful world into a picture we can both live in. God will be your inspiration, make my love your canvas. I love you. Paint a picture that God can be proud of. Paint a picture that Neo, Amanda,Wandile, Nele, Lebo, Tumi, Yoyo and even little Siya can admire. Draw my love for you. Show the world how beautiful God's love is through your art. Turn my colours into a painting where tears are only for laughing. Where pain is a myth and where God reigns supreme. Nana draw our world. I'll stand behind you and support you when your arms feel weak from painting. I'll help you stand when you feel you can't. Please don't stop and I won't too. Let's represent God in our bid to finish the picture. Let's run the race because its all for his name's sake. Turn my colours into a painting that will set our generation free Madela.

1 comment: