Popular Posts

25 December 2014

In the beginning

Chapter 1-When he first rocked up While dusting the kitchen cupboards I carefully consider the precious China I bought while travelling overseas. I pick up the expensive pieces and admired the detail that went into each drawing. Remembering the price I paid, I carefully replaced the cup on top of the equally beautiful saucer and continued dusting the set. When he rocked up at my doorstep...he caught me unaware. He rang the bell but I was reluctant to open it. I looked out the window from my bedroom to see who it was. And why he was there. When the bell rang it found me at a time when I was reciting Psalm 27:14 and waiting for an answer. A tall good looking gentleman stood outside with nothing more than the black Hugo boss suit on his body,a bible in his hand and the glasses on his face. He patiently waited at the door while I looked for my key. What he came to do I don't know. But I'd like to find out. The duration of his visit is unknown. When I delayed in opening the door the young man didn't walk away or look down with disappointment instead, he raised his head with confidence and looked up into the heavens as he waited to enter. I saw him speak to his maker. It was beautiful. His patience astonished me,his faith left me breathless as I scrambled and searched the house,turned it upside down,inside out in search of my key I looked outside again to see if he was there. I could no longer see him. Disappointed I looked again. There he was, he decided to sit down and wait for me. While he waited he opened his bible to Phillipians 1: 2-10 I heard him read it out loud... He perhaps knew that I didn't know why he was there. So he read it to me. I walked towards the window again hoping that he is "HE" I smiled to myself and continued to look for the key. While searching the work tops for my set of keys it dawned on me that the person I'm about to open the door for has never actually stepped foot in my house because not just anyone was welcome here. In fact the only people who come over were sales men trying their luck at selling me a product. Products I usually have because it just so happens that my father was a wealthy man who left me an inheritance that I still haven't fully made use of. Even though I recognised the figure at the door I found it strange that he had nothing but his bible under his arm. No flowers, no perfume just his book. I almost gave up on myself trying to find the key,but still he waited for me. A few minutes later, I walked towards the door. Sad and in tears that I couldn't find my key. I stopped in front of the door and was about to collapse out of exhaustion and misery. I knelt down on my knees and prayed to God to show me where my key was. His back against the door from outside and mine against the door from the inside. I knew that the person I'd been waiting for is only one step away. He was only a step away. A step that I had to take and HE would come in. God spoke to my spirit. He told me that the door was never locked. Chapter 2-The brother walks in I opened the door giving my widest and most welcoming smile, I greeted the brother and he greeted me back. I recognised his spirit and he knew mine. He was from church so I wasn't afraid. I felt safe. Something about him brought a calmness and peace into the house. So opening the door and showing him in seemed automatic. But I didn't know why he had come over because if it was the word he was gonna preach, I already knew it. If it was God he was going to tell me about then he clearly didn't know that God owned the property. Me included. "Hi" he started. "Hello" I returned. He then walked inside the house as if he'd been here before. I didn't stop him, so he continued. I stood back and watched this young man walk into my house and life with a boldness I'd never seen. I was astonished that his skinny self dared enter my house not knowing if "He" was around or if there was a"He" who existed at all. He immediately went for the couch I had kept special for when "He" would arrive. I didn't want to be rude and ask him to get up. But by the time my senses had kicked in he had put his feet up and was paging through my diary on the table. I quickly went up to him about to take my diary from his hands. Something about his hands made me stop and step back. I saw his hands glow, right then I knew he was a healer. I questioned myself as to why he was here because I was not sick. While he sat in MY house in MY space reading MY book he occasionally smiled or rolled his eyes or giggled at what was written. I tried to look at this man to see exactly who he was, even though I was at ease I was still very curious as to why he came here. "You write very well, do you know that?", "Yes" I said impatiently. "Your ministry is in writing" he continued, as he flipped the pages I thought about his words and the power they had behind them. I wondered who this man was and why he had come. Staring at him for clues, I noticed the dust on his shoes, he said he had come from far. His cracked lips said he might be hungry or thirsty from his travels. "Can I pour you some water?" I asked. For the first time since he got here he looked into my eyes and as he was about to speak he paused as if he just realised who I was. Silence. The seemingly arrogant healer then humbled himself because he now knew that he stood in the presence of a queen. He for once put himself and his ambition aside and acknowledged who I was. "I would be delighted" he responded. Off I went to the kitchen happy that he finally got over himself and saw me. I brought him his water on a tray in one of my best glasses, he looked down embarrassed, at that I stood back and looked at him drink. He slowly drank his water and placed it back on the tray. "Are you married?" he asked. "Why are you here?" I returned. He then became gentle is his approach towards me, he could see that if he didn't speak soon I would send him back to the scorching sun outside. "God sent me here" he finally said. I asked him if he knew what God had sent him for, his reply was "No mam' I don't know". I was confused because when God left the house this morning he didn't mention a visitor coming over. "I guess we will wait for God to return and tell us why exactly you're here". He asked to see the house, "You can't just walk here and look into my house" I said harshly. "I'm not here out of my own accord" he said arrogantly. His arrogance was not of the world. It's the type of arrogance preachers use when addressing multitudes who didn't believe in Christ. I was one and I not only believed, I belonged to Christ. Annoyed at his personality flaws I showed him my house only because God was our common thread. God was the only figure standing between me and showing this young man the door! He asked me many questions as we walked through the house. I answered all of them, not that he gave me a choice to do otherwise. While we walked through God's house I too asked him questions and we laughed and chatted, we got along so well that our differences started to mean nothing. He told me stories of the places he had been, the places he wanted to go to and what God had done for him. He told me testimonies of who he was before God came into his life. I did the same, this went on for hours on end. I cannot tell you as to how long because I wasn't aware of what time it was when he arrived. But at the end of the day we knew God would return from work and tell us what we were suppose to do together. We went outside and sat in the sun together, I cooked him a meal, he read me his favourite passages and spoke about Kenneth Hagin. I told him about the novels I've written and the authors I've met. He listened attentively to the words I spoke. He admired her speech, she reminded him of his mother. The only woman in his life to have loved him fully. As the sun began to set the woman became anxious. The young man saw this and said to her "Be anxious for nothing". In a panic she looked at him "No, I'm not, but you have to leave". Puzzled, the young man was hurt by her words, he asked why he had to go only to be told by the woman "I don't let anyone into my house especially if I don't know why you are here. You have been here all day and don't know why. You didn't bother to call God and find out your mission here. I don't need healing as we have established, so perhaps you should go because it's getting late". The young man refused to go. She ran to her telephone and dialed God's number. Voicemail. "Aaaaahhh!" She screamed. She began speaking into her phone "God, it's me, the gentleman you sent me...doesn't know why he is here. You didn't tell me he would be here, so I wasn't ready for him." While she spoke frantically the young man began to pray for her because he now knew why he had come. "Please call me back because it's getting late, he doesn't seem to have a place to sleep and he can't sleep here and, yeah. Please come home quickly, if you're working late please call me urgently". The man stood up and walked towards her. She began to weep and insisted that he leave. "You're hurt" he told her. "No I'm not! Just go!" she yelled. She walked towards the table picked up his bible and shoved it into his hands. Ashamed and in pain, he took his book and went towards the kitchen door. As he reached out for the handle he looked back at her and started "Just give me your hand and let me touch..." She interrupted him "No! Just go! I am and always have been fine without you, please just leave...please" she cried like a child. His heart broke for hers. As he tried to walk towards her to hold her, they heard the sound of footsteps from outside. The door handle twisted. They both looked up. Love walked in. Chapter 3-Love returned "Both of you sit down" he said. We both sat down and in unison we were ashamed of our short comings when he walked in. We knew we got in the way of what God was trying to do. Our pride stood between God's work and we knew it. "Did you tell him you're hurting?" he said looking at me. "Did you tell her you're in love with her" he said looking at him. The both of you have always known about such a day as this. You've prayed for it, why then are you surprised to see each other? Young lady, did you expect him to come on a white horse holding flowers, perfume and sweep you off your feet? Young man, how far do you think you will go unless you learn humility and throw away your arrogance? Both of you get up and come here. In absolute silence we went. God's glory was so magnificent I thought I'd die. His presence filled the room so much that the air became thick, my head was light and I could no longer feel the ground. The closer I moved towards the Lord the more I drifted in and out of what I thought was consciousness. I looked to my left, the young man was in a deep sleep. I tried to stay awake I battled. God looked at me "Daughter, let go so that you can heal. Your healing is in the heart and hands that this man has. I've put him in your life because his heart is pure, he's my son. I want to show you a love you can't contain and I'll do most of it through this young man. Let him in". No! I replied. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment