Popular Posts

23 December 2014

I waited

Yes I waited on the Lord before I met my Shwam shwam. I waited a proper 3 years before my eyes were open to seeing him as more than a friend. When I say I waited I mean I was single and not flirting with guys. I was focussed on God with no interest in anyone but Him. I told God that he'd have to personally come down in His linen robes to show me the one physically coz I was just not in that dating/courting space. I didn't mind singledom. It hurt less. I am beautiful so don't think that people weren't interested in me because that would be a lie. I stumbled across many tongue speaking, suit wearing, tall good looking brothers who saw my beauty. There were plenty of brothers who seemed right, spoke right and acted right. They recognised the Esther and Ruth qualities in me from a mile away. There were times when I'd ask God 'Is he the one?' because he just seemed so right but I knew with all my heart that the fact that I didn't see it from the get go was in itself an answer. NO POPS HE ISN'T! I refused to be distracted by little boys who weren't yet sure of who they were. I refused to put up with part time Christians who didn't quite get the concept of 'You will never see so much as see my lower collar bone unless we are married'. I wasn't willing to toy around with brothers who had even the slightest potential to move me an inch backwards in my walk with Christ. I didn't tolerate this late night chatting, midnight flirting and Facebook macing because I knew there was a specific man of God waiting for a Pops. A man who was busy with the things of God because of his love for Morena. So I did see the male figures who tried, but I chose to be blind to their short sightedness while I looked ahead. So I waited. My colleagues called me mad. Friends called me unrealistic and others thought I was in the closet. While I waited I wasn't just sitting around picking my snot, goodness no! I was busy in the things of God. In the praise and worship team, worked in the church, had a job, went to school. I was busy. My man didn't find me in dire need of him. He found me hidden in the things of Christ because he himself was buried there! Our love for God was what opened our eyes to see each other. When he saw me he didn't see big breasts and thighs, he saw a sister in Christ he respected, he saw character he loved and a smile that touched his senses. When I saw him I knew it was him because my spirit was at peace at the thought of forever with him. I didn't have to fast for 60 days to get a clear answer, I knew him because I had prayed for a time such as this during my time of wait. I waited for your love to arrive in the palm of God's beautiful hands. It did and it was perfect. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment