Popular Posts

18 December 2012

The battle against the self

After wrestling against pride and hurt, I fought unforgiveness and choked the life out of jealousy, I punched what I thought was loneliness in the gut and kicked selfishness in the teeth. I beat anger and body slammed fear and insecurity, I fly kicked arrogance and self love. And then When everyone was down on the floor having passed out from the violence, only one person rose up and stood, he walked pass, over and in between the bodies and stood with confidence. He dusted himself off, walked tall, unfazed, unbothered by the massacre by his feet, he kept walking and looked me in the eye whilst doing so. He came up to me and stood in front of me and said “I am love, my name is God”. It is there that I bowed and went on my knees and knew that the person who stood in front of me was who I was, he was who I would become if I allowed it and I knew that he lived in me and always would.

1 comment: