Popular Posts

07 January 2013

Thando's daddy

I love it when you just sit back and feed my soul with your words. Without even knowing it, you plant seeds into my head and cause ideas to grow. They flourish. If they call me woman of faith, woman of strength, it’s because you sat back and prayed with and for me when I didn’t know who you were. My spirit is awake at night reciting and playing back your words of encouragement concerning my purpose. My mind drifts into thoughts of peace at the memory of your ...”I love you Pops”. My flesh is patient and still because it obeys my spirit when it says “Wait for him alone”. My heart beats because you breathe; at each breath it beats, so I breathe. When you are afraid, from my side of the world my heart races seizing to stop until you do. When you worry...my senses go buck wild. And when you are tranquil, joyful and glad...so am I. When you laugh...stress departs. Without saying a word your face lights up and makes any shadows of doubt vanish. Your smile causes fear to flee. The sound of your voice makes me swallow any pride I thought I would harbour in the name of not looking weak before a man. When you talk about God...you do it from the belly of your spirit. You cause mine to rejoice and give thanks to our father Yahweh because you’re exactly what I asked for. Don’t get me wrong, I am my own person, I am me and you are you, I have my own feelings and thoughts. I knew and loved God before I knew you. He alone is the source of my strength. Amen. But your pulse nana, your pulse somehow allows me to rest from being a woman all day. It makes me kick off the suit I wear from trying to own a man’s world. Your pulse allows me to kick off the sneakers that I wear while trying to run the office. The man in you allows me to be free. Just as me. My name is Pops and you’re Mtho.

No comments:

Post a Comment