Popular Posts

27 February 2013

My people perish!

My people deserve more out of life! They deserve to live in better houses, to drive nice cars, own successful businesses and they deserve to eat healthy food and have quality education. They deserve to attend schools that assure you of a tomorrow that’s better than yesterday. One that promises of a beautiful now. I went past Inanda, an informal settlement located in the North yesterday, I saw parents raise kids from tin houses. They seemed as though they did not mind where and how they lived. I watched young mothers seem to enjoy unemployment amongst themselves. Their narrow streets should have been empty because they are out there frantically looking for work to put a decent plate of food on the table. Instead they were perfectly content with walking around in their pyjamas at noon without a care or interest in chasing stability in the work force. They did not mind the filth piling outside their doorsteps seeping into a place they should be calling a home, they weren't bothered that the smell of their neighbour’s faeces came through into the same place where they are raising a family. Kids. Babies. The sick part it all is that they seem perfectly fine with the way things are! No effort to change, none. Cooking boiled cabbage with pap everyday should be motivation enough to wanting more out of life. Hunger in itself should push one to fight to eat. To desire meat and vegetables! Who taught you how not to work hard? Do you not think you are worthy of better? Fight for your right to live well. Pursue comfort and stability without the risk of ever making your kids know what it means to lack the very basic health care. I'd like to sit back from my model c chair and blame apartheid but that died a while ago. I'd like to sit and blame white people for selfishness and greed but that's rather silly in that we were born under the same sun and could have used opportunity as we saw fit. Plenty of comrades made money while inhaling tear gas, so please. excuses mean nothing to me if a child’s future is at stake. I think my people perish because they are mentally enslaved by the limitations surrounding them, they don’t know of a world bigger than the smoke filled one they live in. If they knew and read the things God says they are entitled to, I believe Diepsloot should be a golf estate. My people are dying because they do not get that sex should be something sacred between a man and woman hooked up by God alone. HIV and Aids is within the norm for my people because they don’t know better! They die because they are not aware that they are more than conquerors who have everything they need at the tip of their tongue. My people perish because they are ignorant to who God is, coz if they knew, if they really knew... My people would be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment